Monday, February 18, 2008

Still Experimenting in Surrealism Class

Kevin told us to once again push our paintings today towards abstraction. He said he didn't even want it to look like our model in the end. I did 3 paintings of the model.













Sold


I am pretty happy with all of them. I don't usually paint this way, but I have to say I really like it. Oh and the two criteria Kevin gave us was PORTRAITS only and we HAD TO USE A PALATE KNIFE in some shape or form. I never use a palate knife to paint with so I dove right in and decided to challenge myself to use it for most of the painting. I love it!

1 comment:

Endodo - Enbobo said...

Those last two are intense. The one on the left looks like she's about to turn into a zombie! When you look at it up close, the difference in texture between her face and hair helps with the mystique. She's got the perfect look for a zombie, PISSED!! My favorite part of the one on the bottom right is the blockiness. It works really well.

 
All art, photography and entries published on Sola World © Copyright 2008, solastudios.com, All Rights Reserved.