Friday, April 11, 2008

Gifts for Friends

So these are a couple of paintings that I did for my friends.

The first one is of my friend Linda in Coit Tower where we went a few weeks before she left town in March. I knew I wanted to give her a painting and I thought this pose was great. I have to say I really love the painting and will have a hard time parting with it :)


The other painting is of my friend Sarah. It is a painting of her dancing and flying through the air during one of her dance performances. I didn't take the picture though....I got it from her brother. I loved the picture because it is so blurry and obscure and I knew at some point I wanted to paint it. I decided to do two little paintings. I did one in reverse and then mounted them together. I like this because they made another graphic picture when together. I see eyes or someone's face when I look at them together. Like a picture in a picture. I decided to paint it and give it to her the other day after her first (AMAZING) dance performance in San Francisco.



Both of them said they loved them. I hope so cause I do.

No comments:

 
All art, photography and entries published on Sola World © Copyright 2008, solastudios.com, All Rights Reserved.