Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Quick Study of Mattie the dog.


This is another one of the six quick study assignments that we had to do for class today. It is from a picture my friend took of her dog in the bathtub. I thought it had character. Turns out it would have been a better composition if I had panned out a little bit and shown more of the dog in the tub (says my instructor.....Craig Nelson.)

This is my first painting of a dog and I have to say I like it. There are things I can do to fix it, but I will probably do it over again if anything at all. Mattie is a cute dog though. I hope I have done her justice.

2 comments:

JenKellerArt said...

It looks just like me! (you not only captured Mattie's likeness, but also her personality... which is just as important...)

Sola said...

Yea!!!! I love Mattie!

 
All art, photography and entries published on Sola World © Copyright 2008, solastudios.com, All Rights Reserved.